Trend Micro ScanMail Suite for IBM Domino
Superior mail server security. Lower administration.
ScanMail Suite for IBM Domino
Get a Quote!
Leading malware and spam protection for IBM Domino
Most mail server security solutions rely on periodic updates and threat databases—they don’t detect malicious URLs or targeted attacks such as advanced persistent threats (APTs). These hidden threats usually enter the network through highly targeted emails, making the messaging gateway and mail server the right place to stop them.
ScanMail Suite for IBM Domino stops highly targeted email attacks, such as spear phishing, by using document exploit detection, enhanced web reputation, and sandboxing as part of a custom APT defense. ScanMail also blocks traditional threats with reputation technology and correlated global threat intelligence from Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud-based security. Rated #1 for spam and phishing protection, ScanMail has consistently outperformed eight other products in quarterly benchmark tests since 2011.
As a native Domino server application, ScanMail Suite is optimized for high performance and ease of use. Time saving features like central management, template-based Data Loss Prevention (DLP), role-based access, and Domino optimizations enable ScanMail to lower TCO by 35 percent according to analyst research.
- Mail server
- Internal inspection
- Inbound and outbound data
Threat and Data Protection
- Web threat protection
- Content filtering
- Data loss prevention
- Targeted attacks and APTs
- Protects individuals from targeted attacks, like spear phishing
- Provides leading cloud-based security to stop threats at the mail server, even before they reach end users
- Provides visibility and control of data to prevent data loss and support compliance
- Lowers administration and TCO with central management
Protects organizations from APTs and other targeted attack
- Detects targeted attacks and advanced malware with multiple protection technologies
- Performs sandbox execution analysis on your unique environment, and provides correlated threat intelligence via Deep Discovery Analyzer integration
- Issues custom security updates to other security layers to remediate and prevent further attacks from similar malware
Blocks more malware, phishing, and spam with reputation technology
- Stops malware attachments and malicious web links to prevent malware downloads
- Exclusively features correlated email, file, and web reputation technology to block more messaging threats
- Filters more spam, consistently beating eight other security products in third party tests by Opus One
- Identifies graymail messages such as bulk marketing newsletters for optional sorting
Lowers IT costs, enhances performance
- Streamlines email security operations with strong group configuration and management, and centralized logging and reporting
- Simplifies compliance, including meeting GDPR requirements, and data privacy initiatives with centrally managed and template-based DLP
Targeted Attacks Needs A Network Defense
Trend Micro messaging security products provide protection against targeted attacks with enhanced web reputation, a new detection engine, and a new threat analysis appliance that blocks highly targeted email attacks by using sandbox execution analysis. Integration of these components provides a network defense that enables you to detect, analyze, adapt, and respond to targeted attacks.
Scanmail Suite Components
ScanMail Suite has been enriched with built-in protections against targeted attacks
- Enhanced Web Reputation blocks emails with malicious URLs in the message body or in attachments. It is powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ which correlates threat information with big data analytics and predictive technology
- Advanced Threat Scan Engine detects advanced malware in Adobe PDF, MS Office, and other document formats using static and heuristic logic to detect known and zero-day exploits. It also scans the Domino mail store for targeted threats that may have entered before protection was available. When integrated with Trend Micro™ Deep Discovery™ Analyzer, it quarantines suspicious attachments for automatic sandbox execution analysis, which occurs in-line without impacting the delivery of the majority of messages.
Deep Discovery Analyzer Components (Additional Purchase)
Deep Discovery Analyzer is an appliance that provides sandboxing, network-wide log collection, and deep threat analysis in a unified intelligence platform that is the heart of Trend Micro’s Network Defense.
- Custom Threat Analysis provides automatic in-depth simulation analysis of potentially malicious attachments, including executables and common office documents, in a secure sandbox environment. It allows customers to create and analyze multiple customized target images that precisely match their host environments.
- Custom Threat Intelligence analyzes logs of Trend Micro products and third-party solutions combined with Trend Micro threat intelligence to provide in-depth insights for risk-based incident assessment, containment, and remediation.
- Adaptive Security Updates issues custom security updates for adaptive protection and remediation by ScanMail, other Trend Micro products, and third party security at various layers.
Protection from Spear Phishing and Targeted Attacks
Enhanced web reputation, document exploit detection, sandbox execution analysis, and custom threat intelligence provide comprehensive security from email threats, including spear phishing attacks associated with APTs and other targeted threats.
- Detects known and unknown exploits in Adobe PDF, MS Office, and other document formats
- Performs malware execution analysis, and generates custom threat intelligence and adaptive security updates with optional Deep Discovery Analyzer integration
- Stops threats from entering your environment with immediate protection based on leading global threat intelligence
Data Loss Prevention Add-on Module
Extends your existing security to support compliance and prevent data loss. Integrated DLP simplifies data protection by giving you visibility and control of data in motion and at rest.
- Tracks sensitive data flowing through your email system and in the mail store
- Accelerates setup and improves accuracy with 200+ compliance templates
- Simplifies deployment with an add-on for immediate data loss prevention, requiring no additional hardware or software, enabling granular LDAP-based policy enforcement
- Enables compliance personnel to centrally manage DLP policies and violations across other Trend Micro products from endpoint to gateway with Control Manager
Optimized for Domino
ScanMail is a native 64-bit application which is tightly integrated with your Domino environment to efficiently protect email with the least overhead.
- Includes full cluster support
- Manages threats with a single update server across platforms
- Supports remote management
Powerful Configuration and Management
- Enables automated tasks and scripted installation
- Reduces IT costs with easy administration
Unique Reputation Technology to Block Spam, Phishing, and Malware
Uses big data analytics and predictive technology to correlate file, web, and email reputation data in the cloud for immediate protection from emerging threats
- Checks for malicious links within both the email body and attachments to block phishing attacks via enhanced web reputation
- Drops up to 85 percent of all incoming email using email sender reputation to free network resources
- Stops more spam than other security solutions according to independent tests
Minimum System Requirements
Trend Micro ScanMail for IBM Domino runs directly on the Domino server to keep Domino users, systems, and data safe. Accordingly, this native Domino application continues to support the widest range of Domino operating environments in the industry—Microsoft Windows, Linux (on x86 hardware and IBM System z), AIX, i5/OS, z/OS, and Solaris.
32-bit versions of Domino are still supported with a reduced set of features with ScanMail v3.
For the most detailed and up-to-date system requirements, go to the Trend Micro Download Center or knowledge base for ScanMail for IBM Domino.
Lotus Domino: 64-bit 8.5.0, 8.5.1, 8.5.2, 8.5.3
IBM Domino: 64-bit 9.0, 9.0.1, 10, 10.0.1
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Standard x64 Edition, Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Enterprise x64 Edition, Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows 2012 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2012 Server Data Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2012 Server R2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2012 Server R2 Data Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2016 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2016 Server Data Center Edition
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 12
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7