Trend Micro Solutions for Healthcare
Protecting human lives is your job—helping to protect their digital lives is ours
The FBI warns that healthcare companies are prime targets for hackers. The FDA cautions that medical devices need improved security. Compliance regulations are getting more complex. Healthcare organizations need a smart protection strategy to improve security before, during, or after an attack. Learn how Trend Micro can help you improve security while meeting compliance needs.
Patient information is valuable – because it is a rich resource of identity information, it may contain financial information such as credit card numbers and it also contains private health information. Well-organized criminals will seize the opportunity to steal it. Such attacks are targeted. They are lucrative. And they are devastating for patients. So you need to protect against gaps in your security. With Trend Micro Custom Defense Solutions, you’ll be prepared to:
- Uncover targeted attacks designed to evade detection
- Prevent exploits on medical devices and legacy platforms such as Windows XP
- Identify advanced malware, suspicious inbound, outbound, and internal network activity, and attacker behavior
- Stop spear-phishing attacks and sophisticated social-engineering techniques that target specific users
- Deliver custom sandbox analysis to detect advanced malware
Data Loss Prevention
Most healthcare breaches result from theft or loss, often from unsecured, unencrypted missing laptops or other devices that contain ePHI. To avoid data loss, reputation damage, regulatory fines, and the resulting revenue loss, you need the ability to identify, track, and secure all confidential data from multiple points within the organization without impacting employee productivity and performance. Learn how Trend Micro’s Integrated Data Loss Prevention (DLP) minimizes the complexity and cost of data security by integrating DLP functionality directly into your existing Trend Micro solutions and management consoles.
- Understand and manage how your data is being used in a full spectrum of removable media.
- Get visibility and control of your data in motion via any communication using any protocol.
- Protect data at rest, processing over 300 file types to track down every piece of ePHI or compliance data.
Office 365 Security
Many healthcare organizations are making the move to Office 365 to achieve the benefits of the Cloud. Supplement Office 365 security to add the extra layer of protection you need to keep your patients safe.
- Strengthen breach detection, data loss prevention, and compliance efforts.
- Communicate and collaborate more confidently in the cloud.
- Reduce risk of spear phishing, malware, and other threats with our next-generation security solutions. Constantly evolving, they deliver test results that are top-ranked in the industry.
With the complexity of healthcare regulations, you need security that helps you easily audit and demonstrate compliance on a variety of levels. By the same token, you can’t afford to have malware or unessential content bring down the IT services your providers and patients rely on. We offer a range of security solutions that address the healthcare industry’s needs.
- PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance
- HIPAA/HITECH Compliance
- HITRUST, NIST, ISO and other related frameworks
The FDA recently raised concerns about medical device security risks. Many medical devices can create cybersecurity weaknesses in healthcare networks. Trend Micro Custom Defense solutions can help monitor your network and protect against the exploit of network-attached medical devices. And our Complete User Protection solutions provide virtual patching and other protections for endpoints, mobile devices, and more.
- Gain visibility and control over blended threats.
- Strengthen security with threat discovery, containment, and remediation services.
- Reduce management complexity with proactive planning.
Securing Legacy Systems
Healthcare systems can be extremely complex and costly to replace or upgrade. Upgrading out-of-support systems can take extra time due to compliance, older equipment, or complex integrations. Trend Micro keep legacy systems protected by shielding vulnerabilities with virtual patching.
- Protect all systems, whether they are currently supported or not with virtual patching.
- Get extended support for Windows XP-based clients on consumer protection products (Titanium) until the end of 2015.
Cloud and Data Center
As budgets shrink and productivity needs increase, healthcare organizations are moving more data into virtual and cloud environments. Trend Micro Cloud and Data Center security solutions will help you enjoy the benefits of virtualized and cloud environments without worrying about security.
- Secure data and ensure PCI compliance in the cloud and on VMware Ready appliances.
- Flexibly protect hybrid environments (including virtual desktops and physical, virtual, or cloud servers).
- Comply with HIPAA, HITECH, and PCI regulations.
- Maintain same level of security, whether data center is internal or outsourced.
Data, Endpoints, and Mobile Device Protection
Healthcare organizations have many different endpoints, mobile devices, and an evolving “Internet of Things” connected to their networks. The best protection for this wide range of devices is one that focuses on user behavior. Trend Micro Complete User Protection solutions provide inter-connected, multi-layered security for any user, on any device, using any application, in virtually any environment. You can also add protection at the network level with our Custom Defense solutions.
- Block confidential information from being distributed via email, whether intentional or accidental.
- Lower endpoint infection rates by 62 percent.
- Protect against viruses and cybercriminals without affecting performance.
- Deliver industry-best protection for your most sensitive data.