Trend Micro ScanMail Suite for Microsoft Exchange
Superior protection. Less administration.
More than 90% of targeted attacks begin with a spear phishing email, which means your mail server security is more important than ever. Unfortunately, most mail server security solutions, including the limited set of built-in protections in Exchange 2013, rely on pattern file updates, which only detect traditional malware. They don’t include specific protections to detect malicious URLs or document exploits commonly used in targeted attacks or advanced persistent threats (APTs).
ScanMail™ Suite for IBM® Lotus® Domino™ stops highly targeted email attacks, such as spear phishing, by using document exploit detection, enhanced web reputation, and sandboxing as part of a custom APT defense. ScanMail also blocks traditional threats with reputation technology and correlated global threat intelligence from Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud-based security.
Time-saving features like central management, template-based Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and role-based access have earned ScanMail the lowest administration overhead and TCO of the five leading security vendors, based on a comparison study by Osterman Research. ScanMail also delivers high performance with native 64-bit support—for the fastest mail throughput speeds.
- Mail server
- Internal inspection
- Inbound and outbound data
Threat and Data Protection
- Web threat protection
- Content filtering
- Data loss prevention
- Targeted attacks and APTs
Protects against APTs and other targeted attacks
- Detects targeted attacks and advanced malware with multiple protection technologies
- Performs sandbox execution analysis on your unique environment, and provides correlated threat intelligence via Deep Discovery Analyzer integration
- Issues custom security updates to other security layers to remediate and prevent further attacks from similar malware
Blocks more malware, phishing, and spam with reputation technology
- Stops malware attachments and malicious web links to prevent malware downloads
- Exclusively features correlated email, file, and web reputation technology to block more messaging threats
- Filters more spam, consistently beating 8 other security products in 3rd party tests by Opus One
- Identifies graymail messages such as bulk marketing newsletters for optional sorting
Lowers IT costs, enhances performance
- Streamlines email security operations with strong group configuration and management, and centralized logging and reporting
- Simplifies compliance and data privacy initiatives with centrally managed and template-based DLP
Targeted Attacks Need A Custom Defense
Trend Micro messaging security products provide protection against targeted attacks with enhanced web reputation, a new detection engine, and a new threat analysis appliance that blocks highly targeted email attacks by using sandbox execution analysis. Integration of these components provides a custom defense that enables you to detect, analyze, adapt, and respond to targeted attacks.
Scanmail Suite Components
ScanMail Suite has been enriched with built-in protections against targeted attacks.
- Enhanced Web Reputation blocks emails with malicious URLs in the message body or in attachments. It is powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ which correlates threat information with big data analytics and predictive technology.
- Advanced Threat Scan Engine detects advanced malware in Adobe PDF, MS Office, and other documents formats using static and heuristic logic to detect known and zero-day exploits. It also scans the Domino mail store for targeted threats that may have entered before protection was available. When integrated with Trend Micro™ Deep Discovery Analyzer, it quarantines suspicious attachments for automatic sandbox execution analysis, which occurs in-line without impacting the delivery of majority of messages.
Deep Discovery Analyzer Components (additional Purchase)
Deep Discovery Analyzer is an appliance that provides sandboxing, network-wide log collection, and deep threat analysis in a unified intelligence platform that is the heart of Trend Micro’s Custom Defense.
- Custom Threat Analysis provides automatic in-depth simulation analysis of potentially malicious attachments, including executables and common office documents in a secure sandbox environment. It allows customers to create and analyze multiple customized target images that precisely match their host environments.
- Custom Threat Intelligence analyzes logs of Trend Micro products and third-party solutions combined with Trend Micro threat intelligence to provide in-depth insights for risk-based incident assessment, containment and remediation.
- Adaptive Security Updates issues custom security updates for adaptive protection and remediation by ScanMail, other Trend Micro products, and third-party security at various layers.
Features & Benefits:
Protection from Spear Phishing and Targeted Attacks
Enhanced web reputation, document exploit detection, sandbox execution analysis, and custom threat intelligence provide comprehensive security from email threats, including spear phishing attacks associated with APTs and other targeted threats.
- Detects known and unknown exploits in Adobe PDF, MS Office and other document formats
- Performs malware execution analysis, and generates custom threat intelligence and adaptive security updates with optional Deep Discovery Advisor integration
- Stops threats from entering your environment with immediate protection based on leading global threat intelligence
Data Loss Prevention Add-on Module
Extends your existing security to support compliance and prevent data loss. Integrated DLP simplifies data protection by giving you visibility and control of data in motion and at rest.
- Tracks sensitive data flowing through your email system and in the mail store
- Accelerates setup and improves accuracy with 100+ compliance templates
- Simplifies deployment with an add-on for immediate data loss prevention, requiring no additional hardware or software, enabling granular LDAP-based policy enforcement
- Enables compliance personnel to centrally manage DLP policies and violations across other Trend Micro products from endpoint to gateway with Control Manager™
Optimized for Lostus® Domino™
ScanMail is a native 64-bit application which is tightly integrated with your Lotus Domino environment to efficiently protect email with the least overhead.
- Includes full cluster support
- Manages threats with a single update server across platforms
- Supports remote management
Powerful Configuration and Management
- Enables automated tasks and scripted installation
- Reduces IT costs with easy administration
Unique Reputation Technology to Block Spam, Phishing, and Malware
Uses big data analytics and predictive technology to correlate file, web, and email reputation data in the cloud for immediate protection from emerging threats
- Checks for malicious links within both the email body and attachments to block phishing attacks via enhanced web reputation
- Drops up to 85 percent of all incoming email using email sender reputation to free network resources
- Stops more spam than other security solutions according to independent tests
- Protects individuals from targeted attacks, like spear phishing
- Provides leading cloud-based security to stop threats at the mail server, even before they reach end users
- Provides visibility and control of data to prevent data loss and support compliance
- Accelerates throughput, performing 57% faster than MS Forefront
- Lowers administration and TCO with central management
Minimum System Requirements:
|Memory||Disk Space||Browser||Web Server|
|System Requirements for Microsoft Exchange|
|Processor||Operating System||Mail Server|
|Microsoft Exchange 2013||
|Microsoft Exchange 2010||
|Microsoft Exchange 2007||