Trend Micro Email Encryption
Easiest Email Encryption for Achieving Compliance
The easiest email encryption for achieving compliance
Keep your email confidential, simplify compliance, and reduce management costs by removing the complexity from encryption.
Identity-based encryption and hosted key service
- Requires only a recipient’s email address
- Lowers IT costs with our Hosted Key Service
- Ensures access to email with 24x7 Key Recovery
Combine solutions to fit your needs:
Email Encryption Client empowers end-users to encrypt email
Email Encryption Gateway automates policy-based encryption
Hosted Email Encryption offers a maintenance-free service
Why It's Better:
Effortless Key Creation
Unlike other solutions, Trend Micro Email Encryption features dynamic key generation, built with Trend Micro™ Private Post™ technology, eliminating the pre-enrollment and certificate management hassles of PKI encryption. All you need is a recipient’s email address to create encryption keys.
No-Maintenance Key Management
Hosted key management helps ensure the availability of encryption keys 24x7, providing password and key recovery without the need for IT involvement.
Easier for Email Recipients
Our web-based Zero Download Reader enables your intended recipients to decrypt emails without requiring them to install client software and supports popular mobile devices running iOS, Android, and Blackberry. Plus, our solutions help you comply with the regulations and requirements of partners and customers by allowing you to secure both incoming and outgoing emails and attachments.
Lower IT Costs
Our email encryption solutions minimize IT administration and lower overall costs thanks to all of the above: effortless key creation, hosted key management, plus ease of use for both senders and recipients.
Trend Micro™ Email Encryption Client
Our client-based encryption plugs into Microsoft® Outlook®, making it easier for end users to select which emails should be encrypted. Secure, encrypted email is as simple as sending regular email—no special training is needed.
- Empowers end users to encrypt email that’s not protected by gateway encryption
- Automates key creation—all you need is a recipient’s email address
- Minimizes IT administration and costs with our Hosted Key Service
- Ensures access to email with 24x7 password and key recovery support
- Provides a free, web-based reader—so recipients can decrypt without installing software
Minimum System Requirements
Compatible Operating Systems
- Microsoft™ Windows™ XP 32-bit;, Windows Vista® 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
CPU and Memory
- Intel™ Pentium™ 800 MHz or better
- 256 MB memory minimum, 512 MB recommended
Required Disk Space
- 15 MB available for installation
Compatible Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer 6.x or better
- Firefox 1.5 or better
Compatible Email Clients
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010; Windows Live Mail 2009, 2011
- Internet connection required for encryption key distribution, configuration, and automatic updates
Compatible Smart Phone Operating Systems for Zero Download Reader
- Apple iOS, Google Android, RIM BlackBerry
Trend Micro™ Email Encryption Gateway
Automatically encrypts email at the gateway based on content policies—for a critical layer of data protection that doesn’t rely on end user discretion. A recipient’s email address is all that’s needed to create encryption keys, lifting the burden from IT staff.
- Plug-in module for InterScan Messaging Security with no additional software required
- Ensures compliance with automated, policy-based encryption
- Adds a critical layer of protection that doesn’t rely on end users
- Removes the hassles of key management with our Hosted Key Service
- Eliminates the need for recipients to install client software
- Delivers real-time logging and reporting—to speed remediation and simplify compliance audits
Trend Micro™ Enterprise Data Protection
Email Encryption Gateway is also part of Trend Micro™ Enterprise Data Protection. This solution secures your data from gateway to mobile devices by integrating a full set of data security products across the multiple layers of security in Trend Micro’s enterprise security suites. Enterprise Data Protection is available as an add on to Trend Micro’s enterprise security suites or as part of the comprehensive enterprise security suite: Trend Micro Enterprise Security and Data Protection.
Minimum System Requirements
- VMware ESX 3.5 or ESXi 3.5
- HDD: 10GB Free Hard Disk Space
- CPU: Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron (supporting VT)
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- HDD: Virtual SCSI HDD 8GB—Pre-allocated
- CPU: 1 Virtual Processor
- RAM: 512MB RAM
*SCSI hard-drives are recommended for optimal performance
Hosted Email Encryption:
Trend Micro™ Hosted Email Encryption
Policy-based encryption from Trend Micro automatically enforces compliance requirements and protects confidential information—all while minimizing administration and lowering TCO. This add-on service integrates seamlessly with Trend Micro™ Hosted Email Security—for comprehensive messaging security in a fully hosted solution.
- Reduces the risk of non-compliance with automatic, hosted encryption
- Lowers TCO by reducing complexity and deployment time with Hosted Key Service
- Provides uninterrupted access to email with 24x7 global password and key recovery support
- Allows recipients to decrypt and view email on any device with a web browser
- Integrates with Hosted Email Security—requiring no additional hardware or software
Minimum System Requirements
As a hosted service, Trend Micro™ Hosted Email Security does not require additional hardware or software located on your premises since all scanning hardware and software is operated and maintained offsite at Trend Micro’s secure datacenters.
To start using Hosted Email Security, environments must also have an existing Internet gateway or workgroup SMTP connection and access to the DNS mail exchange record required to redirect the MX mail host record. If you have hosted email, then contact your service provider for more information or configuration help in redirecting your MX record.