Trend Micro Mobile SecurityComprehensive enterprise protection for mobile devices
Trend Micro™ Mobile Security is an integrated mobile device, security and mobile application management solution within a single management framework that enables organizations to manage the security of their PC s* and mobile devices from a single console. With the proliferation of high-end mobile devices, many employees are bringing their consumer-grade PCs, tablets, and smartphones into the workplace. They are using these personal devices in both their personal and professional lives.
By restoring visibility and control of mobile devices, Mobile Security allows IT managers to embrace a BYO D work structure, resulting in improved productivity and flexibility of the workforce as well as reduced IT costs. It also extends protection beyond traditional PC s to help businesses manage and secure these mobile devices and the data they contain by enforcing the use of passwords, encrypting data, and when necessary, remotely wiping data from lost or stolen devices.
As personal and professional lives become more intertwined, employees are using their own consumer-grade PC s, tablets, and smartphones for work. The emergence of the "Consumerization of IT ," is forcing organizations to not only allow, but also support powerful, high-end mobile devices purchased by the individual.
Consumerization raises new and significant challenges for corporate IT departments, such as:
- How do we support these devices if we don't know what they are?
- How can we maximize visibility?
- How can we secure our networks and data, if we can't control the devices?
- How do we differentiate between corporate and personal data on employee-owned devices that are accessing the network?
Mobile Security provides management and security to enterprises and medium-sized businesses that want to embrace consumerization and unlock opportunities without compromising their IT infrastructure.
Protecting the wide range of consumer-grade mobile devices, such as iPhones, iPads, Android, and Blackberry devices, Mobile Security integrates mobile device management and uses threat prevention, data protection, and app management in a single point of control. It allows businesses to regain visibility and control, while offering staff the freedom to securely share data across physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Data Encryption, Authentication, and Policy Enforcement
In-place real-time data encryption minimizes potential data leakage caused by lost or stolen devices. It also automatically encrypts emails, contacts, and calendars as well as the data on memory cards. On-device authentication policies enable device wiping for policy noncompliance, password history, time access restrictions, and use of PIN or password for access. This approach avoids the need for special “containers” or specific encrypted folders
Award-winning Trend Micro anti-malware technology detects and blocks viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware and evolving malicious mobile code on handhelds and storage cards. It performs automatic, real-time virus scans and allows mobile users to initiate manual scans.
New pattern files and updates are developed by TrendLabs, a global research and support team that works around the clock to monitor malware activity, develop protection from new threats, and deliver effective security. Trend Micro Mobile Security delivers updated pattern files to the mobile device according to the administrator’s choice. Updates can be received via wireless data connection (WiFi, GPRS, EDGE, EV-DO, etc.) or by synchronizing with a PC via ActiveSync.
A built-in firewall provides critical protection for the increasing number of Wi-Fi-enabled mobile devices. The firewall monitors inbound and outbound network traffic and blocks unauthorized activity, preventing data theft and disruption of service. Enterprise can adjust the firewall protection level and create a rule list based on their security needs.
To align the use of smartphones and PDAs with corporate policies, Mobile Security 5.5 provides administrators with granular control over smartphone features such as built-in cameras, GPS receivers, or WiFi.
The OfficeScan™ console enables administrators to centrally provision and manage Trend Micro Mobile Security policies and settings on handsets. IT managers can save resources by managing security for mobile devices and other endpoints from a single console.
Anti-Spam for SMS Text Messages
To block SMS text message spam, Trend Micro Mobile Security provides flexible anti-spam options including an approved sender list, a blocked sender list, and the ability to block SMS messages from unknown senders.
Centralized, Scalable, Single Console Management
- Instant summary views/reports of compliant, inventory, protection and health of devices
- Features a proven, reliable, and scalable central management framework
- Allows for managing security and configuration of PCs and mobile devices from a single console
- Cross-device policies for consistent application and enforcement of security and management requirements
- Scheduled reporting allows administrators to regain critical visibility into the number, types, apps and configuration of devices accessing corporate resources
- Permits feature lock to disable camera, Bluetooth® , and SD card reader
Mobile Device Security and Data Protection
- Selective device wipe – Remove just email, contacts, calendar and provisioned web clips
- Notification of jail broken or unencrypted devices
- Lock down features like Bluetooth, Camera and even applications like iCloud
- Native encryption enforcement and compliant violation notification
- Malware protection leverages industryleading, cloud-based threat intelligence from Trend Micro Smart Protection Network™
- Detects and blocks malicious applications and data files
- Safeguards against accessing malicious web content and sites – Web Reputation Services
- Firewall protects device from unauthorized access
- Call and message filtering and logging Monitors, blocks, and logs the calls, SMS and WAP messages sent to and from devices based on user policy
- Enforce passwords to protect from unauthorised access. Control length and outcome.
- Device remote lock in case of threat or lost phone
- Find where devices are located with the integrated device locate function
- Full device remote wipe – remotely clear a device of all data and configuration
Mobile Application Management
- Application Black Listing
- Application White Listing
- Push applications to the device using web clips. Set 'optional' and 'required' settings
- Application inventory visibility and reporting by device, group and company
Mobile Device Management
- Remote lock, remote wipe, selective wipe (NEW), and poweron- password enforcement provide protection for corporate data on smartphones and tablets in case of loss or theft
- Expanded mobile device management (MDM) capabilities enable organizations to remotely provision and de-provision and secure both company and employee-owned smartphones and tablets
- Provides critical visibility into devices and status, including encryption and password configuration for tablets and smartphones, enabling IT administrators to take proactive control and reduce the cost of support
- Provides device inventory and location tracking
- Centralized enrollment, provisioning,
and de-provisioning for network and
application access for iPad, iPhone and
- VPN and Wi-Fi configuration
- Mail and messaging
- Home settings
- Limit data loss
Enforces policies for data access and protection by enforcing the use of passwords and encrypting data. Also, if devices are lost or stolen, the ability to remotely lock them down and erase data stored on them.
- Reduced operational costs
Saves time and money with centralized visibility and control of device management, app management, security and data protection. Also integrates into existing OfficeScan management infrastructure
- Improve productivity and flexibility of the workforce
Allow users to use devices they understand and like to use for accessing work applications and data where ever they are at any time of day.
- Reduced security risk
Ensures proper device configurations and prevents malware reducing the risk of compromised devices. Ensure only the right applications are used on the devices, improving security and productivity
- Regain critical visibility and control
Allows administrators to see the number, types, and configuration of employee consumer-grade devices accessing corporate resources and set polices across those devices
|Minimum System Requirements|
|Mobile Client Platform Support|
|Trend Micro Mobile Security supports the following platforms:
Mobile Client Platform Support:
Please see table below for versions and system requirements specific to each supported client OS.
|Operating System||Memory (MB)||Storage (MB)|
|Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC/Pocket PC Phone||3||5.5|
|Windows Mobile 6 Classic/ Professional||3||5.5|
|Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone||3||5|
|Windows Mobile 6 Standard||3||5|
|Symbian OS 9.x S60 3rd/5th Edition||2||2|
|Android 2.1 or above||9|| For phone:8
|Mobile Security SMS Manager (Included but Optional)|
|Additional Requirements for OfficeScan Server|
|At least 1GB of available disk space|
|Mobile Security Management Module|
|The Mobile Security Management Module on an OfficeScan server. Refer to the OfficeScan server documentation for minimum system requirements.|
|Mobile Device Requirements|
|Mobile Device Operating System||Installation package||Standard Edition||Advanced Edition
|Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0/Pocket PC, 6.x Classic/ Professional||2.4 MB||1.7 MB||5 MB||2.2 MB||9 MB|
|Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0/Smartphone, 6.x Standard||2.5 MB||2 MB||5 MB||3 MB||10 MB|
|Symbian™ 9.1/S60 3rd & 5th Edition||1 MB||2.6 MB||1 MB||3.5 MB||5 MB|
|Encryption Compliance (Advanced Edition)|
|In-Place, Real-Time Encryption is Included in Advanced Version Only
|Device Support (Standard Edition)|
|Trend Micro Mobile Security 5.5 Standard Edition supports a wide range of devices running on the following popular operating systems.
|Devices NOT Supported (Advanced Edition)|
|Trend Micro Mobile Security 5.5 Advanced Edition does NOT support the following devices due to Windows Mobile operating system virtual memory limitations: