Trend Micro InterScan Web Security as a Service
Cloud-based protection from Internet threats and control over unsafe web usage
The rising sophistication and complexity of web threats, coupled with the new ways your employees work, have eroded the effectiveness of traditional web security solutions. In addition to blocking malicious code, inappropriate websites, and targeted attacks, security managers also need to protect an increasingly mobile workforce that demands access to new Web 2.0 and cloud-based consumer applications—all while reducing management and networking costs.
Trend Micro™ InterScan™ Web Security as a Service dynamically protects against cyber threats in the cloud, before they reach your users or network. It also delivers real-time visibility and control of employee Internet usage. Because it is located in the cloud, it protects any user, in any location, on any device, all based on a single policy that moves with the user. It eliminates the need for costly traffic backhauling or managing multiple secure web gateways at multiple sites. Also, this solution it will grow flexibly with your business—without the need to purchase, manage, or maintain software or hardware.
When a hybrid deployment makes sense, InterScan Web Security is also available as an onpremise virtual appliance, which integrates seamlessly with InterScan Web Security as a Service, with common management, reporting, and policies.
Cloud-based Web Gateway Security
- Internet Gateway in the cloud
Threat and Data Protection
- Cloud-based applications
- Web 2.0 applications
- Advanced Persistent Threats
- Zero-day exploit
- Viruses and worms
- Bots and command and control (C&C) callback
- Spyware and key loggers
- Malicious mobile code
- Phishing attacks
- Content threats
- Active Directory™
Features & Benefits:
Delivers Superior Protection — Any Device, Anywhere
InterScan Web Security stops threats in the cloud before they ever get to your endpoints. It protects your users on any device, including desktop and mobile platforms at any location, whether on the corporate network or not. It delivers comprehensive real-time protection against the full scope of web threats by using anti-malware, the strongest advanced threat protection, URL filtering, and web reputation. Leveraging the real-time protection of the global Smart Protection Network, this solution protects against even new emerging threats.
Gives Users Freedom While You Maintain Visibility and Control
Enables your users to work how and from wherever they want on the device of their choice, while you have complete visibility and control of their web activity, with granular application control for over 1,000 internet protocols and applications. A high-performance cloud guarantees availability and reliability as well as a global footprint with points of presence close to wherever your users are located, InterScan Web Security as a Service delivers near-zero latency and no impact on the user experience.
Provides Simple but Powerful Management and Reporting
An intuitive, cloud-based management console lets you monitor your staff’s web use as it happens, allowing for on-the-spot remediation. Interactive and customizable dashboards and reports give you complete visibility of the web usage and data that is most useful to you for assessing your security posture, human resources, and compliance purposes.
Maximizes the Cloud Advantage — Cost Effectiveness and Flexibility
InterScan Web Security as a Service allows you to manage the policies, while Trend Micro manages the infrastructure, freeing your resources to focus on adding value to your business. You can secure all your users globally without the need to purchase, manage, or maintain on-premise hardware or software, and eliminate expensive web traffic backhauling. Also, your organization benefits from predictable operating expenses with user-based subscription pricing that includes full service and support, and elastic capacity, that will quickly grow with your business requirements.
Award-winning Gateway Antivirus and Antispyware
- Scans inbound and outbound traffic for malware
- Prevents malware from entering your network, relieving the burden on endpoint security
- Stops virus and spyware downloads, botnets, malware callback attempts, and malware tunneling
- Closes the HTTPS security loophole by decrypting and inspecting encrypted content
Web Reputation with Correlated Threat Data
Trend Micro™ Smart Protection network™ web reputation technology blocks access to websites with malicious activity
- Trend MicroTM Smart Protection NetworkTM web reputation technology blocks access to websites with malicious activity
- Protects against new threats and suspicious activity in real time
- Identifies and blocks botnet and target attack Command and Control (C&C) communications using global and local threat intelligence
Powerful and Flexible URL and Active Code Filtering
- Uses real-time URL categorization and reputation to identity inappropriate or malicious sites
- Offers three different policy actions for web access control, including: monitor, allow, and block
- Supports object-level blocking within dynamic web pages such as Web 2.0 mashups
- Stops drive-by downloads and blocks access to spyware and phishing related websites
Application Visibility and Control
The optional Deep Discovery Advisor applies additional threat intelligence by using sandbox execution analysis to inspect suspicious files offline.
- Monitors and reports on more than 1,000 Internet protocols and applications, including instant messaging, peer-to-peer, social networking applications, and streaming media
- Enables granular policy creation to control all web activities; for example, allow viewing social media, but not posting to social media
- Location and schedule-based policy enforcement
- Provides flexibility to grow with your business by making the most of high-performance and robust cloud infrastructure
- Delivers points of presence globally and ISO27001 certified cloud infrastructure
- Guarantees 99.99% uptime and near-zero latency with an industry-leading Service Level Agreement
Complete User Protection
InterScan Web Security is part of Trend Micro Complete User Protection, a multi-layer solution that provides the broadest range of interconnected threat and data protection across endpoints, email and collaboration, web, and mobile devices.
How It Works:
Web requests from all users, regardless of device or locations, are routed to InterScan Web Security as a Service in the cloud. Then InterScan Web Security inspects the traffic and leverages the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network to check for malware and the URL reputation. Using the policies you have set, traffic is allowed, blocked, or monitored.