Trend Micro Web Protection Module for Endpoint Security PlatformUse the Web Safely to Support Your Business
Two thirds of your enterprise endpoints will likely get infected this year. And as the leading delivery mechanism for malware and other cybercrime attacks, the web will cause the most infections. Companies like yours are paying the biggest price with employees risking endpoint infection each time they open a web page. The clean-up and lost productivity costs can add up quickly. And if the infection results in a security breach, the costs can rise to the millions.
By merely opening a web page, hidden spyware, Trojans, viruses, or other malware can be triggered to download. Users can also be redirected to a malicious site where cybercriminals use social engineering to entice visitors to disclose confidential data. Your most valuable business assets are at risk, especially if your enterprise depends on safely using ecommerce, integrating your supply chain, collaborating with customers, or empowering your mobile workforce. Whether browsing the web for business or employing company computers for personal use, in just minutes an employee can access a single web-based threat that steals confidential business information or customer data, damages your brand reputation, drains IT resources, and erodes customer confidence.
Get immediate protection on every endpoint
Trend Micro Web Protection Module secures your endpoint, web-based business initiatives, using Trend Micro Web Reputation powered by our unique Smart Protection Network. Web Reputation works in real time to prevent both users and applications from accessing malicious or infiltrated websites, using our innovative cloud-client architecture instead of relying on distributed updates. The client queries in-the-cloud technologies, reducing the burden on endpoints while providing immediate access to threat intelligence. With the in-the-cloud queries, even mobile users are safe while browsing the web off the corporate network.
Web Protection Module is based on mature technology that has been securing businesses for almost two years. The module is a lightweight solution designed to work alongside your existing desktop protection, including solutions from other vendors. Easily added to your Endpoint Security Platform deployment, Web Protection Module proactively protects your company against web threats or bot-related activity—whether accessed through the browser or an application. Alerts are provided when threats are detected, showing you what your current solution is missing.
High-performance platform for visibility, scalability, and performance
As part of the Endpoint Security Platform, Web Protection Module combines innovative Trend Micro security architecture with the high-performance systems management framework—all on a single server that easily scales to support over 250,000 endpoints. Enterprises can quickly deploy protection and policy-enforcement across all endpoints and receive the visibility and control needed to ensure effective security to desktops, mobile/laptop machines, and servers—regardless of connectivity. When this module is combined with other Endpoint Security Platform modules, enterprises are able to view endpoint security, patch management, and power management status together in the same console, providing more effective endpoint protection and saving time, effort, and cost through system consolidation. With the Web Protection Module you are better protected and have more time to grow your business, using web-based tools with confidence.
Trend Micro Endpoint Security Platform leverages a single console to centrally manage endpoint security, scaling to support up to 250,000 endpoints regardless of their location, connection type, or status.
Quickly Extend Platform Capabilities
Endpoint Security Platform is the foundation of the solution, creating a unified framework for security and systems management. Save time, effort, and cost through consolidation by deploying the following additional platform modules:
- Core Protection Module delivers comprehensive malware and web threat protection
- Patch Management Module centralizes patch capabilities for a variety of operating systems applications
- Power Management Module enforces power management policies for cost savings
Features & Benefits:
- Enables safe web use, blocking access to malicious web pages
- Secures data and resources by preventing applications from accessing malicious websites
- Protects fixed and mobile computers, both within and outside of enterprise firewalls
- Frees endpoint resources and provides faster security for your business with Trend Micro Smart Protection Network
- Scales to manage over 250,000 endpoints from a single server
- Provides unparalleled visibility and control for immediate protection with less complexity
Real-time Protection against Malicious Web Content
- Blocks users and applications from accessing malicious web pages
- Rates each link and page individually, rather than a single rating for an entire site, for better accuracy
- Scans for bot infections using innovative in-the-cloud behavior analysis
- Secures web access through any browser
- Works alongside your current desktop protection, showing what other solutions miss
Web Reputation from the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network
- Leverages the cloud-client architecture of the innovative Smart Protection Network
- Moves web reputation assessments into the cloud to reduce update management and minimize the load on the endpoint
- Queries in-the-cloud threat intelligence for immediate protection without distributed updates
- Protects users when they are both on or off the network, extending security to mobile workers and supporting an ever-growing remote worker population
World-Class Security and Unified Systems Management
- Leverages the high-performance systems management framework of the Endpoint Security Platform to quickly deploy protection across all endpoints
- Reduces management action times from weeks and days to just hours and minutes, using intelligent relays to quickly communicate with endpoint agents
- Scales to 250,000 endpoints from a single server
- Helps organizations meet their service level agreements and regulatory compliance requirements
- Provides the visibility and control needed to ensure effective security to desktops, mobile/laptop machines, and servers—regardless of connectivity
Supported Operating Systems for Endpoint Security Platform:
Supported Operating Systems for Management Server
- Windows 2000 Server SP 2+/2003/2008
Database Requirements for Management Server
- SQL Server 2000 SP4/2005
Supported Operating Systems for Management Console
- Windows XP/2000/2003 Vista/2008
Supported Operating Systems for Web Protection Module:
Web Protection Module
- Windows™ XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Browser independent
- Requires Trend Micro Endpoint Security Platform
Note: Functionality may vary by supported platform. For an updated listing of supported operation systems, please contact your Trend Micro representative.