Trend Micro Core Protection for Virtual MachinesDesigned specifically to secure VMware environments
While server virtualization increases efficiency in the data center, it also challenges the security of the IT environment. Traditional security imported from the physical world cannot fully protect virtual environments which are particularly vulnerable when virtual machines are dormant or offline as they are unable to protect themselves with a virus scan agent and signature updates. Also, resource-intensive security operations such as scheduled full system scans can significantly degrade the performance of the host and render the security ineffective, especially when initiated concurrently on multiple virtual machines. To fully realize the cost and productivity advantages of virtualization, enterprises need content security that is architected specifically to secure today’s highly virtualized datacenter.
Trend Micro™ Core Protection for Virtual Machines enables enterprises to maximize the economic benefits of virtualization without compromising the security of their datacenter. Specifically designed for VMware ESX/ESXi environments, this virtualization-aware solution leverages the VMsafe APIs from VMware to secure both active and dormant virtual machines. Layered protection uses dedicated scanning virtual machines coordinated with real-time agents within each virtual machine.
Trend Micro Core Protection for Virtual Machines secures virtual environments from next generation threats that target vulnerabilities specific to virtualization.
Features & Benefits:
- Secures virtual machines, whether active or dormant
- Optimizes performance for maximize uptime without compromising security
- Immunizes scan agent from disruptive malware activities
- Reduces the complexity of managing virtual environments
Optimized for Virtualization
- Closes security gaps unique to virtualized environments
- Protects both active and dormant virtual machines with a virtualization-aware security architecture
- Improves performance profile of virtual servers by running resource-intensive operations such as full-system scans from a separate scanning virtual machine
- Protects against the risk of VM sprawl by ensuring new virtual machines are automatically set up for security scanning
World-Class Malware Protection
- Ensures that virtual machines are secure when dormant and ready to go with the latest pattern updates whenever activated
- Protects against malware that attempt to escape detection by uninstalling, inhibiting, or fraudulently patching antivirus security
- Provides an extra layer of immunity by running the scanning agent on a separate virtual machine than the machine being scanned
- Integrates tightly with the VMware management infrastructure, reducing the complexity of managing security within virtual environments
- Continuously synchronizes with the VMware vCenter management console to stay on top of virtual machine dynamics
- Automatically sets up new virtual machines for security scanning to better manage virtual machine sprawl
- Manages scanning and pattern updates for dormant virtual machines without requiring them to be activated
- Optimizes performance-intensive full-system scans without any reconfiguration
|Virtual Machine Properties||
Note: VMware vCenter is required in order for Core Protection for Virtual Machines to work.